Many injured workers in Pennsylvania are unsure whether they need to retain an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. This article helps to address when and why you should retain an attorney to help with your case.
When to hire an attorney to handle your workers comp case
Quite frankly, my advice would be to call Mooney Law right away when injured at work. Here is an article on what you should do when injured at work. Workers’ compensation is quite complex, involves statutory law, and complex medical conditions. Additionally, wage loss and medical benefits are so important for an injured worker. You should want those benefits to be protected. After all, whether you know it or not, there are insurance claim adjusters and insurance defense attorneys reviewing your case ongoing. You should be protected to!
Otherwise, here are some bullet points on when you should seek professional legal advice in your workers;’ compensation case.
• Your claim has been denied;
• Your doctor has released you, but you are still in pain;
• You have a pre-existing condition;
• You are unhappy with your medical care;
• You do not trust your employer or the insurance carrier (which you shouldn’t!)
• You received notice of an Independent Medical Examination (IME);
• You believe you may want to seek a settlement;
• You wage loss check have stopped or are erratic;
• A Termination, Suspension, or Modification petition has been filed in your case;
• Some medical treatment is being denied;
• The insurance carrier is only covering some, not all of your injuries;
• Your employer or insurance carrier are pressuring you to return to work.
If any of these apply to your situation, you should call Mooney law right away for an absolutely free consultation. What can Mooney Law do for you?
Below is a bullet point list of what Mooney Law can help with in your workers’ compensation case. You can read here why Mooney Law may be the right choice for you. This list is not exhaustive.
Key points on how we can help
• Give you piece of mind that your case is being handled with experience;
• Protect your wage loss and medical benefits;
• Have expert advice navigating the complexities of the Workers’ Compensation Act;
• Let us communicate with the insurance carrier
• Let us review any and all forms before you sign them;
• Defend and protect your benefits against petitions filed by the insurance carrier that threaten your benefits;
• Evaluate any job offers made to you with your current work restrictions;
• Make sure any settlement is fair and reasonable FOR YOU;
• Attend hearings and medical depositions in your case;
• Ensure you are receiving appropriate medical care;
• File petitions on your behalf to fight for or protect your benefits.
Again, this list is not exhaustive, but they hit the main points of how Mooney Law can help you. We have collected tens of millions of dollars on behalf of injured workers in Pennsylvania and Maryland. We don’t just quickly settle your case. We litigate claims all the time and are more than willing to litigate claims on behalf of injured workers. It does not matter how small or large your claim is, Mooney Law is ready to help. You can read more about me here and here. Call today for a FREE consultation at 717-200-HELP or 717-632-4656. You can also email me at email@example.com.