Veterans may received expedited Social Security disability hearings

The Social Security Administration announced a new process that may lead to expedited hearings for Veterans who have been denied Social Security disability benefits.   If a Veteran is treating with the VA and has been provided a 100% disability compensation rating for permanent and total disability, they would be eligible under new Social Security rules to have their social security disability applications and decisions expedited as high priority.

It is important to note that a 100% disability compensation rating does not guarantee a Veteran will receive social security disability benefits.  The applicant must still meet the strict definition of ‘disability’ within the social security paradigm.

If you believe you may be eligible for social security disability benefits, you can apply one of three ways:

1.  Complete your application online;

2.  Call our toll-free telephone number, 1-800-772-1213. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you can call us at TTY 1-800-325-0778; or

3.  Call or visit your local Social Security office.

To seek an expedited review under the above-referenced program, you must identify yourself on the SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY APPLICATION as “veteran rated 100% P&T”.

Should you receive a denial letter int he mail regarding your social security disability application, it is imperative you contact Mooney & Associates right away.  There is a deadline to file an appeal and if you miss that deadline, you are out of luck.  It’s simple.  Get a denial letter — call M & A at 1-877-632-4656 or email us direct at   Our consultations on your social security disability denial are FREE!

We represent denied Social Security Disability applicants in the Chambersburg, PA area and Franklin County, Carlisle, PA area including all of Cumberland and Perry Counties, Harrisburg area including all of Dauphin Counties, Hershey, PA areas, Hanover and Gettysburg areas including all of Adams County, all of York county, Lancaster areas, and Fulton County areas.